My wife and I have lived in Germany for two years and have a flight to Idaho on Friday. She has fluid in her kidney and an overractive thyroid.
If approved by the doctor here in Germany, we could postpone treatment until we secure insurance in the states. Of course, without inurance this ordeal could bankrupt us pretty quickly. We are "low-income" and probably eligible for Obamacare. I need to know how quickly we can get insurance if we moved to the US. Does anyone have an idea?
The green card entry timeframe ends on September 9th, meaning she has to touch down before this date or else we may have to do the very long, very expensive application for a visa again.
Any insight or info is much appreciated!